DAY 2: CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY
we will pick you up in your hotel around 8:30 and be on our way to the sacred valley where the inca empire built important sites such as pisac, ollantaytambo y chinchero. after one hour we will do our first stop in pisac to visit one of the greatest inca archaeological spots. with our guide we will learn about the military, religious and agricultural aspects of this place. we will then have a guided visit to the craft market of pisac. around 13:30 we will have a buffet lunch in urubamba.
afterwards we will part to the archaeological site of ollantaytambo. this architectonic complex was home of the inca pachaquteq, and a fortress for the resistance lead by manco inca yupanqui. on our way back to cusco, after exploring ollantaytambo, we will make our last stop in chinchero. this site is very impressive for its colonial constructions over the inca foundations, particularly in the main square. after visiting chinchero we will arrive back in cusco, around 19:00 (at plaza regocijo or plaza san francisco).
DAY 3: CUSCO – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
we will pick you up from the hotel in our touristic bus, bound for the train station of poroy or ollantaytambo. the time will depend on the train ticket schedule. we will take the train to aguas calientes, while you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the snow-capped andean mountains, the local typical agriculture and the river of vilcanota.
after arriving in aguas calientes, we will board the bus to machu picchu (30 minutes). once in the site we will take you on a guided visit for 2 hours and half, which includes the most important places: palaces, solar observatories, etc. after the guided visit you will have enough time to freely explore the rest of machu picchu and have lunch on your on. in the afternoon we will go back to the town of aguas calientes to take the train bound to ollantaytambo. here we will board the touristic bus back to cusco.
DAY 4: CUSCO – RETURN
we offer transportation from the agreed hotel to the international airport velasco astete de cusco, for your return flight to lima or other destination.
- transportation from the bus station / hotel / airport
- guided visit city tour (transportation, professional bilingual guide)
- guided sacred valley (transportation, professional bilingual guide)
- bus to the train station of poroy or ollantaytambo
- round trip train ollantaytambo - aguas calientes
- transportation in aguas calientes
- round trip bus aguas calientes - machu picchu
- entrance fee to machu picchu + guide in machu picchu. (optional: huayna picchu adicional $10)
- return bus ollantaytambo – cusco
- round trip flight lima - cusco
- snacks and beverages
- food during the tours and stay
- tourist ticket (boleto turístico) for the arqueological sites entrance and city tour ( s.130)
- entrance fee to korikancha (payment on site s. 10)
WHAT TO BRING
- small backpack for your personal belongings
- hat and sunscreen, sunglasses
- bug repellent
- trekking shoes
- raincoat (depending on the season)
- light clothes for the day (depending on the season)
- long and short sleeved shirts
- long and short pants
- recommended: extra cash for personal expenses.
- student id card if it applies, original passport
price for person: $ 370
citizens from peru with an active dni, and from colombia, ecuador and bolivia have a discount of $20. (members of the andean community)
foreigner tourists with a student id card (carnet isic) have a discount of $20 on the full tour price.
note: the price does not include igv for peruvian tourists.